Many Privacy Laws Affect Your Website
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The US and Global Privacy Laws
What if I don’t comply with this California law? The California Attorney General can take legal action against you and fine you $2,500 per incident. In addition, an individual in California can start a lawsuit against you even if you live in another state. If that is not enough, the California Attorney General has an online complaint form that can be used to report website owners who are not complying with this Californian law. https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/caloppa/complaint-form
Other State Privacy Laws
Texas, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, and other states have privacy laws that could also affect you.
Canadian Privacy Laws
Canada has significant privacy laws that affect website owners including the
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
Australian Privacy Laws
Australia has specific privacy laws that affect website owners including the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
Are You Violating Google’s Terms of Service?
1. How you are using your remarketing service
2. How your ads are shown on websites across the Internet
3. How the cookies being used serve ads based on a person’s past visits to your website
Are You Violating Facebook’s Terms of Service?
Here Is How We Can Help You…
· Cookies and web beacons used on your website – required by law
· Types of user information that you collect – required by law
· How users’ personal information is used – required by law
· Who you share users’ information with – required by law
· How long you keep users’ personal information for – required by law
· How your website responds to do not track settings – required by law
· How users can opt out of their PII being shared – required by law
· How users can revoke consent for using their information – required by law
· International transfer of personal information – required by law
· Your users’ right to file a complaint with authorities – required by law
· How you secure your users’ personal information – required by law
· Google AdSense provision – required by Google
· Google Analytics provision – required by Google
· Google remarketing provision – required by Google
· Facebook remarketing – required by Facebook.
· Notifying users when you change how you use their personal information – required by law
· Drafted by an attorney and Certified Information Privacy Professional
· Complies with U.S. and global privacy and cookie laws
· Complies with the TOS for Facebook, Google, and the App Store
· Includes instructions on how to post your policy to comply with privacy laws.
Our disclaimers and policies are drafted by attorneys to help keep you in compliance with the laws that govern websites and blogs. You have immediate access to all documents after ordering. See ordering options at bottom of the page. Questions? Call 1-800-963-2902 from 9:00am - 7:00pm CST (Mon – Sat).
Free technical support is available every day.
How to Order
LEGAL UPDATE SERVICE: