Without a professionally drafted mobile app terms and conditions, you open you and your business up to legal liability because of problems with your customers and users. In addition, mobile app owners have increased exposure to product liability law. Mobile app owners and developers may be held responsible for distractions and indirect injuries caused to users when using your mobile app.
Some mobile apps may be viewed as health or medical devices
Some fitness, medical, and health-related apps can be considered as medical devices and could fall under FDA guidelines and regulations. Some of these apps could put users’ and patients’ safety at risk if the app should malfunction or not perform as intended. Regardless of the type of mobile app you have, there is no 100% way to shield you from legal liability; however, a professionally drafted mobile app terms and conditions can help limit your legal liability and give you control over your products and services.
Gaming, social, or dating apps
Although they do not fall under FDA guidelines, these types of mobile apps present their own unique set of significant liability issues because they connect users with each other offline.
Why use our mobile app terms and conditions?
- Drafted by a privacy professional and attorney
- Includes specific disclaimers to limit your liability
- Helps protect and control your intellectual property
- Optional arbitration provisions for the U.S., Canada, U.K., and Australia
- Instructions on how to enforce your mobile app terms and conditions
- One-time charge
- Immediate download after ordering
A mobile app terms and conditions let the mobile app owner govern a user’s legal rights when using their mobile app. It provides the app owner with some control over their legal relationship with their visitors, users, and customers. Properly drafted provisions, policies and disclaimers can go a long way protecting a mobile app company or developer and limiting their legal liability.
Our 9-page mobile app terms and conditions cover the following areas:
- Legal and financial disclaimer
- Warranty disclaimer
- Content and information disclaimer
- Advertiser’s disclaimers
- Merchant disclaimer
- Legal and DMCA compliance
- Limitation of liability
- Use of intellectual property
- Return and refund policy
- Links to other mobile apps or websites
- Use of our information
- Limited license for use of mobile app
- Membership rules, conduct, and guidelines
- Mobile app errors, corrections, and changes
- Illegal activity
- Payments and credit cards
- Jurisdiction and choice of law
All provisions in our terms and conditions can be easily edited to your needs.
Terms and Conditions Customization Service
If you are unsure of how to edit and customize your terms and conditions for your website or mobile application, we can help. Our company offers a customization service at a reasonable price. There is no substitute for professionally drafted documents, they can help prevent legal problems, lawsuits, and give you at least some peace of mind.
For more information, call 800-963-2902.